On this section of our website you will find a blurb about GEE's professional development courses. We offer a range of iPad workshops for both teachers and parents. See below for more information regarding dates and specific details.
Professional Development updated on the 7th of March 2016.
ipad pd workshops for parents
GEE is excited to announce that we have adapted our popular iPad Professional Development course for parents, and better yet - we'll come to you! Simply get a group of 2 - 6 interested parents together (or an interested P&C group) and our educator, Matthew, will come to your home or school. Individual bookings are also available.
'PD for Parents' is tailored for all iPad experience levels, from beginners wanting to know how to set up an iPad for educational purposes through to experienced iPad users wanting to 'skip the edutainment' and download teacher endorsed, quality educational resources for students. Presented as a 'journey of learning' parents will enjoy a comprehensive presentation equipping you with the best educational app list the App Store has to offer from the first years of early learning through to high school.
- As our overheads for 'PD for Parents' are significantly lower ($40 - $50) than a typical professional development workshop we are able to pass the savings onto you.
- Bookings cost $110 per person (minimum of two people)
- Individual bookings are available and cost $220
- P&C rates are negotiable, simply make an enquiry via email or Facebook with your requirements and we will contact you with a quote.
As well as being a highly interactive and personalised experience with our educator welcoming questions, parents will receive a list of all the apps discussed during the presentation. Apps are updated regularly to keep the presentation relevant and up-to-the-minute.
An online booking system will be going live in the near future but until then please contact GEE with your expression of interest by email at email@example.com or via private message on Facebook.
dates for ipad workshops (Parents & teachers)
- iPad courses for Teachers are typically run during the months of: January, April, July & September/October.
- iPad courses for parents are available on: Mondays, Fridays & Sundays during the school term.
- iPad courses can be run any day during the school holidays (term one school holiday dates are now available).
GEE'S IPAD PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
Learning About the iPad
During Learning About the iPad our educational consultant Matthew Leslie will walk you through his first hand knowledge on how to effectively and responsibly use the iPad in the classroom environment. Learning About the iPad is recommended for educators who are new and/or slightly familiar with using an iPad. Learning About the iPad is a bring your own device (BYOD) workshop.
Learning About the iPad workshop includes . . .
- Recommendations on what iPad to purchase
- How to use adapters to project your iPad via a: projector, TV or Apple TV.
- How to configure your iPad onto the maximum privacy settings
- How to set restrictions on your students' iPads.
- How to use the iPad's iOS features (gestures, notification centre, AirDrop etc)
- What is iCloud and cloud computing.
- The different ways iPads are used in schools.
The Best Educational Apps
During The Best Educational Apps our educational consultant Matthew Leslie will share with you his extensive first hand knowledge about the best educational iPad apps worth purchasing on the app store. The Best Educational Apps is recommended for primary and secondary educators who are wanting to discover the best educational iPad apps worth using in the classroom across the learning areas of English, Maths, Science and Society and Environment. The Best Educational Apps is a bring your own device (BYOD) workshop.
The Best Educational Apps workshop includes . . .
- The best Maths apps (primary and secondary).
- The best English apps (primary and secondary).
- The best Science apps (primary and secondary).
- The best HASS apps (primary and secondary).
- Apps for demonstrating ideas and concepts.
- Apps for studying and researching.
- Apps for individual educational programs in Maths and English.
- Apps for extending students.
STATISTICS BASED FROM THE SSTUWA REVIEW & FEEDBACK FORMS
The following data has been extrapolated from three of our courses that have been run. There were a total of 60 particpants who completed course evaluations across the three courses. Below is an explanation of the data.
Subject areas evaluated included . . .
- Learning: Strategies and learning activities employed were relevant to the content, varied and engaging.
- Materials: The materials presented were clear, valid and current.
- Information: The training met the module/course objectives.
- Presenter: The presenter was clear, articulate and delivered the information in a credible manner.
- Satisfaction: I found the session helpful and was generally pleased with the outcomes.
- Recommend: I would recommend this workshop to colleagues.
The subject areas mentioned above were rated from . . .
- 1 = Unsatisfactory
- 2 = Satisfactory
- 3 = Highly Satisfactory
- 4 = Exceeded Expectations
Based from an analysis of the data . . .
- A total of 44/60 (73%) course participants rated GEE's iPad professional development workshops as exceeded expectations in all of the subject areas.
- A total of 57/60 (95%) course participants rated GEE's iPad professional development workshops as either highly satisfactory or exceeded expectations in all of the subject areas.